A Blog from
Fields and Dennis LLP
Call Us! 781 489-6776

Important Graduation Safety Reminder for your 2014 Graduates

Do you have a child 18+ years of age?
What happens if he/she is injured in a car accident?

Did you know that once your child/grandchild turns 18:

  • You no longer have access to his/her medical records
  • You no longer can call a hospital and see if he/she is admitted after an accident
  • You no longer can make health care decisions for him/her, should they become injured or incapacitated
  • You no longer can call a doctor’s office and make an appointment for him/her
  • You no longer can help him/her with banking
  • You no longer have access to his/her grades, and you no longer can assist your child/grandchild concerning his/her problems they may be experiencing at school
  • You no longer can call the mail order prescription service to get him/her medication

What can you do? Turning the age of 18 does not mean your child/grandchild no longer needs your assistance.

There is a simple solution:

  • Have him/her sign a Health Care Proxy and HIPAA Release
  • Have him/her sign a Durable Power of Attorney

We at Fields and Dennis, LLP are committed to educating people about the latest legal techniques that will protect you and your family.

Please call us at 781-489-6776 to schedule a complimentary 30 minute consultation.  NOW is the time to make decisions before your child/grandchild goes off to college….or if they are already in college, it is never too late.

Feel free to share this information with others who you think would benefit. It’s important to consider what would happen if you ever needed to assist your child/grandchild in a time of need.